Remember who you really are. You cannot be destroyed or hurt. You cannot be harmed or killed. You, the real you, will always be present and powerful.~ Vironika Tugaleva
What’s all this then?
Our true self is the higher form of us. It’s an idealized version of our full potential.
Whether you believe it actually exists or just think of it as a goal to aspire to makes no difference.
What’s important is accepting that we can be better in all ways, and then making efforts to become more like our true selves.
What will I gain by connecting with my true self?
Connecting with and acknowledging your true self will allow for beneficial change in your life.
Some of the changes are:
- You will learn that you are in charge of your life. You are not a victim, except of your own thoughts.
- How and why things happen in your life will be better understood. With understanding comes change.
- Your perspective of “self” will be broadened. Everyone and everything is connected… We just forgot that this is so.
- Your interpretation of reality will change. Learning to set goals and following through on them will occur with the new sense of reality.
- You will understand yourself and others better. Compassion flows from understanding, both for yourself and others.
- Your perception of problems in life will change. They’ll be viewed as challenges that inspire growth, instead of as negatives.
- You will gain insight into your personal wisdom, and learn to trust your own judgement.
- You will be better able to handle life’s tasks.
- You will be less stressed, more confident and an overall better human (or monkey).
- You will learn to be a creator in all aspects of life, and not just a participant.
OK, how can I do this?
Doug and I have been working on some new exercises for ourselves that we’ll be sharing with you. We’ll break down each challenge into small chunks, tackle it and build on our successes. So far we’ve mapped out 90 posts for this new series. I’m sure once we start fleshing our ideas out the number of posts may grow…
We’ll start this series off learning about imagination, how it’s important and how to use it to our benefit. So, fire up the fun side of your brain and prepare to imagine a new you…