To all the other dreamers out there, don’t ever stop or let the world’s negativity disenchant you or your spirit. If you surround yourself with love and the right people, anything is possible. ~Adam Green
We’re not the only ones
Now we’re going to turn our attention to meeting new groups of contacts.
This blog has put us in touch with quite a few others who think like we do. We’re not the only monkeys dealing with life turning sideways.
Finding or creating a group of supporters can be a valuable way of refining your focus and keeping motivation high. Conferring with others is beneficial for all involved.
Where to look
We’re not marketing guru monkeys, but we’ve come up with a few ideas for finding or building a group of supporters. Our ideas so far are:
- Local outreach groups- Troubled teens and those suffering from depression and alcoholism may find our message useful. Doug and I can start speaking with support groups that deal with these issues.
- Newsgroups- We can become more involved with online groups that mesh with our ideas. This could lead to a core group of supporters for the next idea.
- Start a forum- I’ve been thinking about starting a forum where my readers can share their stories and interact with each other. I’ve had positive support for this idea from a few readers. Glenn, over at manifest crazy suggested a mastermind group. I confess to knowing nothing about these, but from the little I’ve read, it’s a promising idea.
- Religious organizations- We’re not dogmatic monkeys, but some of the more progressive religious groups would be open to our ideas. I figure a church that offers Reiki healing after services would be amiable to us monkeys! (Yes, they really do).
- Hospitals- Those in recovery and those without hope of recovery may be grateful to hear a message of hope. I think Doug can step in and do this (Not literally, he doesn’t have bones).
I’ll need to scrape up some promotional material for the real world options. I already have business cards… I’ll need to do a few flyers that summarize our mission though.
More research is needed for the online ideas for group networking. I feel this will be the most effective way to reach others. People from all over the world can participate on a forum.
What groups can you connect with to offer your talents? How will you connect with them? Some ideas are:
- Religious groups.
- Youth groups.
- Support groups.
- Online chat boards.
- Starting your own group, online or in the real world.
- Care facilities
- And on and on!
Make up some promotional material that explains what you’re about, what you offer and what you hope to accomplish. There are supporters out there waiting to be found…