The accolades usually come when you’re dead or too old to get a job.~John Frankenheimer
–Nominees must link back the person who nominated them.
-Answer the 10 questions which are given to them by the nominator.
-Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for their nominees to answer.
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are the answers to my questions from Victoria:
1. Why do you blog?- I blog because it is a creative outlet for me. Blogging allows me to share what I’m dealing with in life in a way that may help and/or inspire others.
2. What inspires you to write?- My inspiration comes from whatever I’m thinking about at the time. I start off with an idea and as it develops, I’m usually inspired to draw or find an image to illustrate my narrative. I try to write to my images and draw to my writing… It makes sense to me!
3. What is your favorite day of the week and why?- Saturday! Everyone is off of school or work. Saturday is when we go do fun and creative things as a clan… My family and me. Saturdays were my favorite as a kid even, since I hated school. Saturday could be enjoyed fully, knowing that the next day was school free too. Sunday had the pall of school being the next day hanging over it…
4. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?- I see myself creating and helping… In ten years I plan to have my Doug brand thriving… I will use that monkey like a slave to make my fortune!
5. What kind of music do you like to listen to?-I have a huge range of music favorites. I love old country (60s,70,80s), old hardcore punk, Irish folk… Way too many to list. If interested, check out my music pins on Pinterest…
6. Are you funny? If yes, please give examples – No.
7. Boxers or briefs?- Boxer-briefs… The best of both worlds.
8. How would you like to be remembered?- I would like to be remembered as someone who wasn’t afraid to be themselves. I enjoy what I do, and don’t try to hide it… I have a stuffed monkey who helps me write a blog… I’m an old graybeard who still rides a skateboard (and still can shred it, 35 years and counting!)… I’m an artist and a good dad. That’s how I want to be remembered…
9. Wisdom or youth?- Wisdom for sure. Life sucks when you’re young… at least to me. I’m happier now than I ever was in the past.
10. If you could have a conversation with a teacher from your past, who would it be and what would you say?- I would have a conversation with the Mulpeters. Mrs. Mulpeter was my fourth grade teacher and the nicest woman I ever met. Mr. Mulpeter was my high school drafting teacher… A great guy. I would thank them for being good examples of what honorable people should be like… Oh, and I would say “Gimmee back my gum!”…
And now, my Liebster nominations
I just nominated 15 blogs I follow for The Versatile Blogger Award. The Liebster is usually for blogs with fewer than 200 followers… So, in no particular order, here are my picks of blogs with less than 200 followers who deserve to be widely read:
- Spirituality Without Borders
- Dreaming The World
- All Hail The Monkey King
- Home And Spirit
- Alex Shaffo
- Robot Of The Day
- Little Box Big Stamp
- Betty Becker
- Sad Monkey
- Ginja: The Red Headed Ninja
Click on’em to find out what they’re all about! There’s a selection of comics, spirituality and general blogginess…
Here are my 10 questions for the above nominees
- What do you do more of, watch television or read books?
- What is your favorite book(s) and why?
- What do you wish your role to be in life?
- What did you want to be when you were a child?
- What did you end up doing as a career?
- Are you creative? How?
- What do you enjoy making, besides your bed?
- What’s your favorite meal?
- Do you cook and enjoy doing so?
- What keeps you blogging?
Let me know when you post your answers and nominate your selections… I’m a curious monkey…